Saturday 24 August 2013

Glossybox uk: July + august 2013 ♡

Hello lovelies! Recently I decided to take the plunge and sign up for a Glossybox UK subscription! I've been wanting to sign up for awhile now, but I'm glad I waited as Glossybox were offering the July and August boxes together for just £15 (+ £2.95 p+p)! Even though these boxes aren't generally available anymore, I wanted to share what I thought of the products I received! Overall, I really like these type of beauty subscription boxes because I can try more luxury brands without the price tag and different types of products I wouldn't normally pick up. They also tend to be great value! Please bear with me - this will be a pretty long post!
July 2013: Seaside splash
Box value: £34.77
Alterna Haircare: Bamboo Style Boho Waves Tousled Texture Mist
Full size: 125ml for £23.00
Sample size: 25ml 
Sample value: £4.60

"Your perfect "Seaside Splash" summer companion! Forget perfectly primped hair, and instead opt for effortlessly tousled, "just-back-from-the-beach" waves with this weightless mist. Adds texture, volume and healthy shine to all hair types."

I feel like this spray did what it said on the bottle - gave my hair texture, volume and made it look healthier - but I had to use a lot of the spray, so I really wouldn't be able to justify the price tag of the full-price product. Also my hair lost the volume quite quickly because it's really thick but it will probably work better with finer hair.
Anatomicals: Spray misty for me facial spritz
Full size: 100ml for £6.00
Sample size: 100ml (full size)
Sample value: £6.00

"Our current obsession in the Glossy office: ultra-hydrating facial mists - the number one summer essential. This facial spritz with calming lavender and refreshing peppermint extracts helps rehydrate and calm skin. Wonderful everyday, during flights, at the beach, in the city or in the office. We love that this is suitable for all skin types."

I've never use any facial sprays but I found this one to be pleasant. I liked the lavender scent, but some people might not like it so much. The spray was very hydrating and refreshing on the skin and didn't leave a sticky feeling or mess up my make-up (including my false lashes!).
Essie: Sleek sticks
Full size: One set for £9.99
Sample size: One set (full size)
Sample value: £9.99

"Discover a whole new way to essie. Now you can re-create chic looks fresh off the runway without so much as picking up a brush. These glam essie sleek sticks mimic the look and feel of handcrafted nail art and last up to 10 days. All you need to do is match the stickers to the size of each nail, peel them off and apply, before buffing away any excess with the file... easy peasy!"

These nail wraps are really gorgeous and look super high quality - you wouldn't expect any less from essie! Sadly, these don't really go with my style so I will give them away or sell them. 
Coola Organic Suncare Collection: Coola Mineral Face SPF 20 Rose Essence Tint
Full size: 50ml for £29.99
Sample size: 7ml
Sample value: £4.20

"We love this tough but gentle multi-tasker. Coola Organic's Suncare Collection is hypoallergenic, free of parabens and packed with antioxidants. It provides complete UVA/UVB protection and fights free radicals, while soothing, toning and minimizing pores. Organic Acai Oil delivers powerful anti-ageing benefits, while organic Evening Primrose and Linseed Oils reduce inflammation and balance moisture. We've truly fallen for this suncare hero."

This tinted moisturiser is a lovely change to using heavy BB creams/ foundations if you have relatively blemish-free skin. It's quite runny and doesn't offer too much coverage, but it blends well and feels really light. This tint also contains very few ingredients compared to similar products and doesn't contain parabens which is a big plus. Some downsides are that it smells a bit odd and has a lower SPF than I'd like personally.
Sleek Makeup: Pout Paint in 161 Minx (left) + 156 Peachy Keen (right)
Full size: 8ml for £4.99
Sample size: 16ml full size (8ml x2)
Sample value: £9.98 (£4.99 x2)

"Pout Paints are intensive, long lasting lip pigments that are made to be mixed. Use a tiny bead of Pout Paint and smooth onto your lips for mind-blowing vibrant colour that gives you full coverage that lasts for hours and dries to a satin finish."

These little paints are brilliantly bright, vibrant and long-lasting! They aren't sticky at all and last really long without leaving a yucky residue on your lips. You really only do need a few drops which make these great value for money. I really like the Minx colour (nude) but the Peachy Keen is a little too light and orangey for me.
August 2013: High flyers
Box value: £34.99 + make-up remover pen
Urban Veda: Neem and Botanics Purifying Day Cream
Full size: 50ml for £14.99
Sample size: 10ml
Sample value: £3.00

"UrbanVeda is a brand new skincare range, reflecting Ayurveda's holistic health and wellbeing system based on the idea of using nature to live a healthier, more balanced lifestyle. The UrbanVeda range has been formulated to naturally combat pollution, leaving skin less vulnerable to the environment."

I absolutely love this day cream - it's amazingly hydrating and mattifying! You only need a little bit to cover the whole face and neck. It has a lovely, fresh - almost medicinal - scent to it and leaves a refreshing, minty tingle to the skin. It absorbs quickly, leaving the skin soft without greasiness or sticky feeling. I will definitely purchase this again!
Emite Make Up: Eyelash Curler
Full Size: One piece for approx. £20
Sample size: One (full size)
Sample value: £20

"Developed with professional make-up artists for their requirements, the Professional Eye Lash Curler has a special curved design to suit all eye shapes, without touching your makeup base."

I must admit that I haven't used eyelash curlers for a few years now since I started to regularly wear false eyelashes. This is because I have typically Asian short and straight eyelashes which never curl properly. :{ These curlers were a lot better than cheaper drugstore ones that I've used before, and curled within a few seconds. They also held my eyelashes up with mascara! However, I did manage to poke my eye out a few times which I've never done before with previous curlers, making my eyes water. :{ I won't be giving up my falsies any time soon! These curlers come with extra cushion pads.
TRESemmé: Keratin Smooth Concentrated Treatment Shot
Full size: 15ml for £1.49
Sample size: 15ml (full size)
Sample value: £1.49

"NEW TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Concentrated Treatment Shot will return sun, sea, salt and chlorine weathered hair to summer goddess glory!"

This treatment shot is absolutely amazing! Seconds after applying this little miracle, my hair was super soft and tangle-free! This is perfect for the girl in a rush because it works in an amazing 60 seconds. This tiny tube fits enough product for 2-3+ applications or you can use it all at once for extra luxury. It has definitely improved the condition of my dry and damaged hair and I'll be buying it again and again.
Jelly Pong Pong: 2-in-1 Shadow/ Liner in Black
Full size: 2.8g for £10.50
Sample size: 2.8g (full size)
Sample value: £10.50

"The perfect multi-tasker for travelling, this creamy 2-in-1 crayon can be used to line the eyes as well as smudged and blended an eyeshadow."

I really like the jelly pong pong brand because it's so cute! I received the pencil in black and it has a really good colour pay-off and smudges really nicely. Great for a nice smokey eye. I thought the colour would go everywhere when using it as a liner, but it stayed put really well. I hope Glossybox puts more of this brand in my boxes in the future!
Óceane: Makeup Remover Pen
Full Size: 3ml (unknown price)
Sample size: 3ml (full size)
Sample value: Unknown price

"This pen delivers the mobile, mess- and fuss-free make-up touch up / removal solution we have always wanted when stuck on planes, trains and automobiles. LOVE!"

This pen was okay, but nothing special. It removed any unwanted makeup but also smudged quite a lot and you have to turn the nib around often to stop it smudging so much as it gets a lot of colour on it. It comes with three extra nibs. The packaging looks quite cheap.

Out of these two boxes, I preferred the August one! I think the hair treatment and day cream really won it for me. Which one is your favourite?

Until next time,

ami ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment