Thursday 11 July 2013

Minkyshop + tea party shoes ♡


Hello! I'd like to share my experience with MinkyShop today, a retailer of Asian fashion, footwear and cosplay. I was looking for a cute new pair of shoes because all of the shoes in my collection are black. >w< I decided to go for a pair of white tea party shoes in medium (23.5cm) by Secret Shop costing £35.99. These shoes are usually worn with Japanese lolita clothing but I think they can look cute with other clothing styles too! They come in four different sizes and MinkyShop offer them in an array of colours.

image
Secret Shop Traditional Tea Party Shoes/Flats
Secret Shop Traditional Tea Party Shoes White
image
Shipping + Communication ♡
Shipping was about £13 for the shoes which was kind of expensive, however it came 10 days (inc. weekend) after it was dispatched, including a tracking number by EMS. The communication by e-mail with Minky was really quick and one of the friendliest I have come across. The shoes came very securely in a taped box.

Quality + design ♡
They look pretty much the same in real-life as they do in the pictures. The straps clip on but are also adjustable and fit really well. The materials used are strong and the shoes are well-made - no hot glue in sight! The only imperfection I could find was a tiny scuff in the front of one shoe which will probably be unnoticeable when worn. The sole is also very hard so they feel a little odd to walk in but I think it'll be okay when I break into them.

Sizing ♡
These shoes are little big without socks and slip at the back but are absolutely fine with socks.

Overall ♡
I'd super recommend MinkyShop as a retailer as they offer great customer service. Be aware that some other items may take longer to ship due to the suppliers. These shoes are cute but be careful with the sizing as with any other shoes you buy online!
image
image

Thank you for reading!

ami ♡

2 comments:

  1. These are so cute! And the shoes you bought before from ASOS are really cute too (*´ω`*)

    ReplyDelete