Monday 27 May 2013

Something a little lush ♡


Lush is a wonderful cosmetics company based in the UK who put their customers, values and ethics at the forefront of everything that they do. Lush products are all their own fresh, handmade creations, using only vegetarian ingredients with little preservatives and packaging.What's more, they are anti-animal testing, and never purchase ingredients from suppliers who engage in such practices.

 Visiting Lush stores are always a fantastic experience and the staff are super friendly and knowledgeable about their products. I bought three bath bombs which I'll be showing you guys today: Sex Bomb, Space Girl and Tisty Tosty!


"Grab one of these for a wonderful sensual bath 
Grabbing a pair is even better!

This ballistic is packed full of every sensual, relaxing oil we could find. Clary sage, jasmine and ylang ylang, blended into a classic musk base. We then packed it full of soya milk, so you can step out of the bath feeling like Cleopatra."

Hehe, don't you just love the name of this bomb? I was attracted to this one because its colours are so pretty and the rose detail is just adorable. It gives off a lovely fuschia colour in the water and has a subtle floral smell that lingers in your hair long after your bath. The rose is made of rice paper which goes squidgy and floats in the water. It reminds me of the decorative roses you might find accompanying dishes in Chinese restaurants or cakes (don't try to eat these ones though, hehe!). n__n I found this bomb made my bath time really relaxing and it was also moisturising on the skin and hair.


"Do you sometimes feel like you’re on a different planet? Don’t feel alien - retreat to the bathroom to float in your own personal space until you feel ready for touch down

Of course, if we were making an interstellar ballistic we had to put space dust in it (otherwise known as popping candy). So make sure you plunge your head underwater if you want to hear the full effects of the crackles and pops."

I love that this bomb looks like a sparkly little planet! It's a dusty blue colour with pretty hot pink and silver glitters, and smells fresh and subtle. I liked the deep blue colour this bomb turned the water, but I didn't think there was enough glitter for my liking. :{ This was not as explosive as I thought it'd be and I didn't really hear much in the way of crackles and pops. However, this bomb is fair for the price and it moisturised my skin. I think they should put little sparkly stars in it! :B


"He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me…

Rose absolute, geranium, jasmine, lemon oil and orris – it’s enough to fill anyone with love.

This ballistic is a love spell. Fill the bath, get in, hold the ballistic in your hands whilst contemplating your chosen one. Lower into the water to unleash its powerful magic. Watch the seven rosebuds emerge from the swirling potion and count your way to a budding romance.

We find it hard to put into words how beautiful this ballistic is. We’ve vowed never to stop making it – try one and you’ll see why."

How romantic is this bath bomb? It's a white heart embellished with dried lilac rosebuds. The roses were really cute, but there just wasn't enough of them. :{ It smelled lovely and moisturised, but I wasn't hugely impressed. This is a cute concept though.


I hope this gave you a little insight of what Lush has to offer! Which bomb is your favourite? Let me know!
Until next time, duckies!

ami ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment